What is a Traineeship?
The Traineeship courses’ main element is work experience, designed to help unlock the potential of young people aged 16-24. Traineeships help young people by preparing them for their future careers and helping them become ‘work ready’.
The Traineeship course can last up to 6 months, with content that is tailored to meet your individual career needs. However, dependent on your existing knowledge, you can complete this course sooner.
Please note all benefits received by you or your parents will not be affected.
What are the benefits of completing a Traineeship?
Traineeships will help you become knowledgeable and experienced in the workplace. During the 6 month course you will have the opportunity to experience the working world. Placement is tailored to your interest.
There are a number of benefits for you:
- You’ll undergo work preparation training which will help put you in a better position to compete for an Apprenticeship, job or further education
- You will receive Maths and English L1/L2 Functional skills, boosting your chances of getting a job. Unless already achieved.
- 1:1 tuition with experienced Tutors in a small classroom environment
- Employability Skills – Opportunity to update your CV, undergo mock interviews and get vital experience with local and national employers.
- At the end of your work experience placement you’ll get a job interview with the company if a role becomes available or a reference and an exit review.
Is a Traineeship right for me?
A traineeship is an ideal opportunity for teenagers and young adults who are motivated to get a job, but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
- Motivated to work
- Unemployed, or work less than 16 hours per week and have little work experience
- Aged between 16-24 and qualified below Level 3
If you are, then you could be suitable for a Traineeship.
- Already have the skills and experience needed to find an apprenticeship or work
- Are you 25 or older?
- Are you already employed?
If so, Traineeships may not be suitable for you.
Visit the Gov website for more information to help you decide whether you might be suitable, and advice on how to get onto a traineeship.
You can call us and arrange to come in for a brief explanation or alternatively call us on 01323 411517.