An Apprenticeship is a work based training course which is attached to your job. Apprenticeships can take from 12 to 24 months to complete depending on the level and your ability to complete the coursework.
In order to complete an Apprenticeship you need to be employed in the correct vocational area.
HTA offer Apprenticeships from level 2 to 3 they are:
- Intermediate apprenticeship (level 2)
- Advanced apprenticeship (level 3)
The core components for intermediate and advanced apprenticeships are:
- A nationally recognised vocational qualification;
- Functional skills (e.g. literacy, numeracy and ICT);
- A technical certificate such as a BTEC or City & Guilds (relevant to the specific Apprenticeship);
- Other professional qualifications or requirements as specified by the particular job.
The minimum wage for apprentices is £3.40** per hour, but many employers pay more than this.